Under constraint of the Gospel, guided and empowered by the Holy Spirit, the mission of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Holy Trinity is for all members to bear witness to the crucified and risen Christ.
Holy Trinity Lutheran Church knows what it means to grow where one is planted. Since 1730 we have been serving Lancaster County from our current location in the heart of Lancaster city. From our oldest members to the youngest children in our midst, our membership spans five generations from all backgrounds of life, and all regions of the county striving to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Originating a half-century before the Declaration of Independence, Holy Trinity is the oldest congregation in Lancaster and one of the oldest in Pennsylvania. Trinity's beautiful sanctuary stands today as one of America's front line colonial churches, historically and architecturally.
Today, Trinity is a congregation rooted in history, committed to ministry, and striving always to share our faith, active in love.